What is more important than your responses to the media? The very people who have to deliver them.
More media interviews than ever are being conducted via video communication applications right now. Interview formats may have changed and broadened in the last few months, but journalists, producers, and guest bookers are still in hot pursuit of contributors and speakers.
The question is, are you prepared and primed for interaction with the press?
The PHA Group’s remote, highly-immersive media training sessions will arm you with the skills and techniques to create a lasting, positive impact and make all the right impressions. If you are home-based and unable to participate in face-to-face training, our online media training offers the same standard of excellence with no compromise on quality.
Whether virtual or face-to-face, we specialise in providing bespoke media training solutions to entrepreneurs, captains of industry and FTSE 100 companies, high-profile individuals in the entertainment industry, digital influencers, athletes and clubs in the sporting world, banks, law firms, government, charities and indeed to many other brands, organisations and sectors.
Our team of crisis and reputation experts are former journalists who know how the media operates and have personal relationships with all the national newspaper editors. We are authoritatively placed to media train individuals, businesses, and organisations because our coaching is rooted in real-world experience of the media.
Our media training sessions and workshops can be specifically tailored to your wants and needs and warrant comprehensive attention to:
- What journalists want
- News values and agendas
- Understanding the medium and preparing for different interview formats
- Types of journalists
- On-the-record vs off-the-record
- Key messaging
- How to prepare
- Perfecting your interview technique
- Tips for success
- Appearance and body language
- Handling tough questions and interviewers
- Interview traps and cul-de-sacs
With our tutelage, you will learn how to:
- Capitalise on your opportunity to maximise your profile and engage audiences.
- Sharpen and refine the key messages you want to promote.
- Internalise the critical techniques and strategies you need to mitigate any reputational fallout and manage the media scrutiny sparked by a crisis.
- Develop the confidence that you, your senior leadership team, and key spokespeople require to deliver hard-hitting, memorable interviews that create a buzz and/or set the record straight.
- Manage, control, and effectively communicate with hostile interviewers and journalists.