Senior Account Manager
The key to happiness and success at work is enjoying coming to work for an exciting company that offers incredible opportunities to passionate and ambitious people.
Our culture and people are what make The PHA Group a great place to work. We are a collaborative and innovative team where everyone is unique and valued for their individuality. If you are looking for a work environment where you’ll never stop learning and no two days are ever the same, get in touch!
About the role
We are currently looking for a healthcare-focused Senior Account Manager to join one of the UK’s leading Consumer & Lifestyle PR teams. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, hard-working, and personable individual who has a genuine passion for the media and an interest in the consumer sector. They will also require excellent written and verbal communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What you will be doing
- Run a portfolio of clients on a need-to-know basis, including:
- delivering and evolving the strategy
- developing ideas to keep the account fresh and client engaged
- client communication
- managing timelines
- accountability for delivery
- contribution to strategy for contract renewals
- Ownership of strategy, generation of creative ideas on accounts, and maintenance of high standards for each client
- Strong writing, editing, and commissioning skills
- Lead and drive an area of responsibility for the department or company
- Expansion of contacts and building own network of journalists and influencers for the benefit of the team and wider company
- Management of client relationships, delivery timelines, and strategy for renewal
- Upward management to ensure any issues are flagged
- Start to take responsibility for an area of new business aligned with the team’s strategy, to include delivery by direct reports, proposal preparation, and pitch involvement
- Strong commercial awareness across accounts
- Start to take on people management responsibilities (where relevant)
We look forward to hearing from people who are excited about the prospect of joining one of the UK’s fastest growing agencies. We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate energy and enthusiasm for any challenge they encounter, who are keen to be involved in a wide range of accounts, and who are looking to develop their career in an award-winning, innovative PR agency. You should also have:
- Considerable healthcare PR experience
- Experience of working with both big-budget creative campaigns and small budgets
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, ideally agency-side
- A team player attitude
Hours: Hours will be 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am to 4pm on Friday.
As an equal opportunities employer, we actively encourage applications from candidates belonging to groups that are unfairly represented in the PR industry. Please let us know if you require us to make any reasonable adjustments to support your application and/or recruitment process.
What we offer