Head of Sales & Marketing
The key to happiness and success at work is enjoying coming to work for an exciting company that offers incredible opportunities to passionate and ambitious people.
Our culture and people are what make The PHA Group a great place to work. We are a collaborative and innovative team where everyone is unique and valued for their individuality. If you are looking for a work environment where you’ll never stop learning and no two days are ever the same, get in touch!
About the role
We are currently looking for a Head of Marketing who’ll work closely with our Director of Sales & Marketing to lead all our marketing activities from social media and digital campaigns to new business prospecting, paid advertising, and internal communications projects.
The Head of Sales & Marketing responsibilities include developing plans to help establish our brand, allocating resources within the team for different campaign focuses, setting short-term and long-term department goals and leading on new business growth strategies. The right individual will be digitally minded, a skilled marketing strategist, the ambition to grow our commercial targets with the ability to inspire team members.
Ultimately, working with the Director of Sales & Marketing to run the department in ways that promote higher profitability and competitiveness within our industry.
What you will be doing
- Craft strategies for the marketing team, including digital, advertising, communications, internal communications and creative.
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets for the Sales & Marketing department.
- Set, monitor, and report on team goals and meeting sales targets.
- Managing our prospect database and CRM platforms, optimising them and finding strategic ways to use them.
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (including but not limited to events, email campaigns, social media, website pages and promotional material).
- Managing the digital customer journey on our website, using web analytics to identify areas for improvement and managing implementation of ideas.
- Manage and implement our SEO and PPC strategy.
- Take ownership of our tools and insights with the ability to train employees and teams. Required to run reports for both colleagues and clients when required.
- Analyse client behaviour and determine client personas for each service area of the agency.
- Taking a lead with our industry relationships, attending networking events and building our partnership network.
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments, both nationally and internationally and expand our market share.
- Craft quarterly and annual hiring plans when required.
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new services and features).
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts to boost brand awareness within the industry and business media.
- Minimum of two direct line reports, with the expectation to manage their career development within the Sales & Marketing team.
You are a proactive self-starter, and passionate about the work you do, with a good attention to detail. You have a minimum of eight years of sales / marketing management experience and are comfortable managing a sales pipeline, CRM system, and creating targeted marketing campaigns. You are keen to join a small, growing team where you can make a real impact, and happy to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will be looking to take your career to the next step and have some line management responsibilities for junior staff members. You are strategic and can see the big picture, but understand that in a small organisation, everyone needs to pull their weight.
- 8+ years’ experience in a Growth, Sales, B2B Marketing or similar role
- In-house or agency experience an advantage
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets
- Experience running successful marketing campaigns
- Experience in analytical reporting and proficiency in PPC; experience in SEO
- Solid knowledge of web analytics
- Experience with CRM software SalesForce or equivalent
- Experience using GWI, Stylus, SEMRush, Buzzsumo, Moz and Google Trends an advantage
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritise goals
- Analytical mind
- Ability to work independently, being proactive and wanting to actively shape our growth; we’re looking for self-starter who are happy to produce marketing materials when needed
As an equal opportunities employer, we actively encourage applications from candidates belonging to groups that are unfairly represented in the PR industry. Please let us know if you require us to make any reasonable adjustments to support your application and/or recruitment process.
What we offer