Technology has been developing and changing at a full-tilt over the years, yet with our lives now so intertwined with tech we can sometimes forget it fundamentally boils down to the hardware and software components which form its raw make-up.
This year at CES, with another stellar line-up of technology companies, we’ve picked out the top ten who we expect to make leaps and bounds in 2017.
- Altia Systems Inc. Altia Systems® is a venture-backed company based in Cupertino, California and creator of PanaCast® 2 – the world’s first Panoramic-4K Plug-and-Play USB video camera. The PanaCast solution is the first video and desktop collaboration system that enables anyone with a desktop or mobile device to communicate interactively, in real-time, through a 200-degree video which replicates the natural human panoramic perspective, creating a natural “being there” experience.
- Civil Maps: Using 3D data and artificial intelligence, Civil Maps want to enhance mobility and improve safety in the physical world. It’s developed a technology which provides self-learning cognitive perception systems that replicate human context, therefore it enables fully autonomous vehicles to perceive, orient and respond to the physical world.
Civil Maps has collaborated with the leading geospatial, governmental, and academic institutions including U.S. Department of Energy, National Energy Research Scientific Computing Centre, University of California Berkeley and Stanford University. This enables it to convert companies’ unorganized 3D data into intelligent maps. Companies that rely on geospatial data spend billions to manually click through 3D survey data and add relevant mission-critical intelligence.
- Display Port: DisplayPort delivers more high-performance features than any other digital interface. Designed to replace older standards like DVI and VGA, DisplayPort opens up new possibilities in computing, digital displays and consumer electronics. It’s the future standard and it’s available today.
- Fibaro: Fibar Group was founded in 2010 because of a successful research and development project, which lead to construction of an innovative home automation system named FIBARO. Using the Z-wave wireless standard, it allows users to integrate all Z-wave compatible products and devices that previously could not be connected to a customized home network.
The Fibaro smart home system allows for the conversion of any home or apartment into a smart home, which not only increases occupants’ comfort, but also allows users to monitor or control their household safety and efficiently. Available in 100 countries, FIBARO, opened its U.S. offices in September 2014.
- Kiwi: Kiwi is the world leader in motion recognition technology. It’s simple and efficient motion recognition platform enables your connected products to track motions in literally a matter of minutes. The platform works like the human brain, where it learns and adapts to the unique motions of the users. By categorizing and analysing motions, you can do anything from a simple repetition count in the gym, to analysing safety metrics in a factory. The options are endless.
- Kubo Robot: Kubo is an award-winning robot that offers a whole new way for children to learn and explore 21st-century skills like; communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking. Kubo is based on the concept of a jigsaw puzzle, which makes it so intuitive kids learn to code from the age of four.
The technology empowers kids to explore robotics, programming, problem-solving and creative thinking through tangible play. We do this in a play and plug manner without any need of prior knowledge of programming and no requirements of a tablet or computer.
- Orbbec: Orbbec is dedicated to creating intelligent technologies for every person, everywhere. Achieving this requires superb 3D cameras that are affordably priced and universally available. For computers to be intelligent, they need more than the ability to make sense of the world around them—they need to see the world in 3D. And for intelligent computing to flourish, excellent 3D cameras that are affordably priced and universally available will be a necessity.
- Razer: This company has aimed to reinvent the computer gaming industry through its collaboration with gamers to bring the best gaming experience to the industry. Its products have earned critical praise and won multiple awards for its precision, sensitivity, usability, and distinctions in product design. Engineered to near perfection, Razer’s reputation of being the leader in gaming peripheral technology is embodied in every single Razer product.
- Tribe: Tribe makes high-quality tech gadgets, from USB flash drives to audio and travel accessories, which bring the best of pop culture to your personal tech collection. Tribe turns the average into the extraordinary. Don’t be too serious, shake things up and add some colour to life.
- Qwertyfree: Qwertyfree has developed SHIFT™ an amazing touchscreen keyboard for the blind and visually impaired that will revolutionize the industry and open a world of possibilities for those with special needs.
Enjoyed this post? Read more of our series on the latest and greatest from CES 2017