2021 has been a fascinating year in the world of Consumer PR. Getting your brand noticed and not just seen is becoming increasingly difficult for brands to achieve. Consumers are constantly overloaded with advertising messages throughout the day, so for a PR campaign to be a success it needs to be able to cut through the noise and engage audiences.
With the year drawing to a close here are just three of the favourite Consumer PR campaigns that we’ve worked on in 2021.
Inclusive fashion brand Snag launched their first apparel collection in Spring 2021, encompassing clothing and swimwear. Before this, the brand had specialised solely in hosiery, so our PR campaign needed to communicate this exciting development to consumers.
Given the restrictions at the time, PHA we hosted a virtual art class with artist and the new collection designer Taynee Tinsley, attended by top-tier media and influencers that are passionate about inclusive fashion and body positivity. Attendees included comedian Sofie Hagen and influencer Jess Megan, who all posted to their large social media followings on the night.
During the event, attendees created their own ‘body positive paintings’, and CEO Brie Read held a Q&A to discuss the brand and its mission: to make the fashion industry a more inclusive place.
Following this, we carried out a blanket sell-in to key consumer media, announcing the brand’s expansion into apparel, generating product placement coverage and profiling opportunities for Brie across titles including Mail Online, The Telegraph and Independent.co.uk. Key media and influencer contacts were gifted items from the collection to write and post about, creating additional ‘buzz’ around the launch.
In 2021, we announced the UK’s best-selling vacuum cleaner brand Shark’s foray into the world of Beauty with the launch of the STYLE iQ hair dryer. To give top journalists and influencers an exclusive preview and first-hand experience of the product, drum up excitement, and secure coverage pre-launch, we hosted an exclusive event at Duck & Dry’s Mayfair salon.
The STYLE iQ hub was an intimate event for top tier journalists and influencers to receive a wash & blow-dry (courtesy of the new STYLE iQ) from top stylists and hairdresser to the stars and Shark ambassador Aaron Carlo. Attendees from leading women’s titles including Glamour, Good Housekeeping, S Magazine, Woman & Home and more experienced the hair dryer up close and learned more about its USPs and leading technology from Shark’s engineers.
- 23 journalist and influencer attendees
- Total potential reach from attending titles and influencers of 237,544,256+
- Pieces of launch coverage directly secured from the event: 16
We launched Floward into the UK in early 2021. In an increasingly crowded market, we needed to make Floward stand out by communicating their USPs, whilst building brand awareness and reaching their target audience of affluent customers.
To do this, we created a PR launch strategy encompassing a hard-working proactive and reactive press office, influencer engagement, events and smart brand partnerships. This included:
- Leveraging relevant seasonal hooks and dates throughout the year including Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, delivering top tier consumer media and gift guide coverage for Floward whilst driving sales for the brand.
- Promoting Floward’s CSR partners, including The Mental Health Foundation and The Women’s Association, with media announcements and influencer gifting initiatives on national awareness days such as International Women’s Day and Mental Health Awareness Week.
- Activating an organic influencer gifting strategy across the premium, fashion, beauty, interiors and lifestyle space who would reach and resonate with Floward’s primary audience base.
- Securing an influencer design partnership with esteemed reality TV star turned credible jewellery designer, Rosie Fortescue, who has created two seasonal collections for Floward.
- Creating the brand’s first London-based pop-up experiential event at the Westfield London over a five-day period.
In just under a year, we have successfully established Floward as key player in the online flower and gifts delivery industry, achieving the following results:
- 76 total pieces of media coverage
- 374 million total reach
- 154 organic social media posts
- Reached an estimate 300,000 customers at the Westfield pop-up event
- Gifting more than 109 influencers.
If you’d like to read more about our Consumer PR offering and some of our other campaigns click here to find out more.