The key to happiness and success at work is enjoying coming to work for an exciting company that offers incredible opportunities to passionate and ambitious people.
Our culture and people are what make The PHA Group a great place to work. We are a collaborative and innovative team where everyone is unique and valued for their individuality. If you are looking for a work environment where you’ll never stop learning and no two days are ever the same, get in touch!
About the role
We are currently looking for an Account Manager to join one of the UK’s leading Sport & Fitness PR teams. Working on a portfolio of well know brands including Bellator, British Basketball League, Red Bull and Therabody. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, hard-working, and personable individual who has a genuine passion for the media and an interest in sports rightsholders, sports tech, mass participation events, and wellbeing products. They will also require excellent written and verbal communication skills and a can-do attitude as well as experience of managing people.
What you will be doing
- Delivery of high-quality coverage, across a broad range of media titles
- Day to day client contact
- Responsibility for running accounts across our sports and fitness portfolio with support from the account lead, including:
- Delivering and evolving the strategy
- Developing ideas to keep the account fresh and client engaged
- Day to day lead for all client communication
- Managing timelines
- Accountability for delivery
- Developing a strategy for contract renewals
- Delivery of campaign strategy from brainstorm through to implementation and delivery
- Proactively identifying new ideas for existing clients and upselling where possible
- Ownership of client reporting and ensuring delivery of KPIs and longevity of client relationship
- Strong understanding of the influencer landscape and execution on an unpaid basis
- Identify, escalate, and solve issues on accounts
- Contribution to new business to include sourcing own leads for new clients, proposal preparation, and pitch involvement
- Support junior team members on accounts (where relevant)
- Working closely with other departments to ensure delivery of integrated briefs, with a particular focus on working with our Consumer, Tech and Social media teams
We look forward to hearing from people who are excited about the prospect of joining one of the UK’s fastest growing agencies and most well recognised Sport & Fitness departments. We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate energy and enthusiasm for any challenge they encounter, who are keen to be involved in a wide range of accounts, and who are looking to develop their career in an award-winning, innovative PR agency.
Hours will be 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am to 4pm on Friday.
As an equal opportunities employer, we actively encourage applications from candidates belonging to groups that are unfairly represented in the PR industry. Please let us know if you require us to make any reasonable adjustments to support your application and/or recruitment process.
What we offer