A note from Mimi Brown, Head of Department
We are looking for a passionate and motivated people person to lead our ambitious Corpsumer division on brand and corporate campaigns that span all scales and sectors. You will be a client and team lead for a department that delivers creative campaigns and outstanding media relations for a diverse range of Corporate and Consumer clients, including Instagram, Virgin Experience Days, RED Driving School, Pimlico Plumbers, REED Recruitment, and amicable.
With briefs ranging from corporate positioning for challenger brands to CEO and entrepreneur profiling, this role is perfect for someone who wants to lead a busy press office, develop an ambitious team, and be a senior advisor to leading business figures. The team has an increasing focus on helping businesses communicate in the sustainability sphere, and our clients are looking for communications programmes that deliver real impact.
About the role
We are looking for a confident Account Director who is keen to make their mark and take ownership of a number of key client relationships. We’re looking for a smart self-starter who has proven agency experience in handling a number of clients and shaping a growing team.
You will need to be a confident client-advisor acting as the senior day-to-day contact for a number of stakeholders, while also keeping an eye on the bigger picture. We want someone who’s happy to get stuck in but can also take charge and guide others – so you’ll need to be a great team player who likes to work collaboratively and can manage upward and downward in an agile manner.
A strong national and business media contacts book and an eye for a story will be an advantage in this well-networked PR agency, and being comfortable holding your own in broader marketing conversations is essential.
The role requires attention to the day-to-day detail but also a dedication to growth and development, and we offer great benefits and rewards for commercial success and new business contributions. The team is increasingly helping businesses communicate on sustainability topics – and there is room to follow your passions and sector specialisms.
This is the perfect role for someone looking to hone their team management skills, from supporting people’s career progression through to strategy, budget, and KPI ownership. It will give a compelling communications leader the scope to shape the next phase of their career in a supportive environment, and reap the benefits.
What you will be doing
- Ownership of relationships with clients, discussing issues outside of the day to day account management and sourcing broader opportunities through their networks
- Strong writing, editing, and commissioning skills
- Business development
- Start to develop a strong personal pipeline for your team
- Continual improvement of new business collateral
- Start to execute effective campaigns that bring in leads
- Source and attend networking opportunities to develop new business contacts
- Contribution to team’s new business strategy
- Start to record commercial results month to month, maintaining awareness of stance in relation to targets and where improvement is needed
- Planning for client renewal well in advance of contract expiry
- Work with account teams to drive upsells and new areas of income
Team management (where relevant)
- Lead and motivate team who support your contribution to the company
- Provision of support and feedback, aiming to develop individual career plans
- Oversight of delivery of work and client relations
- Upward management to ensure the smooth running of accounts and flag issues immediately
- Make recommendations to Head of Department for any investment required and consider internal collaborations
Wider company responsibilities
- Represent PHA at external events, including speaking initiatives
- Find broader roles across the company where you can share knowledge
We look forward to hearing from people who can demonstrate energy and enthusiasm for any challenge they encounter. Keen to be involved in all manner of accounts and develop their career in an award-winning, innovative PR and social media agency. You might also be…
- An exceptional communicator
- Highly committed
- Super organised
- On time
- A team player
- Experience of social channel management and content creation
What you get
We offer a variety of performance incentives, a comprehensive training and development plan as well as a diverse benefits package to ensure that you are rewarded as highly as possible. We can provide more detail on this when we meet although, put simply, we believe in recognising, encouraging and rewarding talent.
PHA people have a real love and genuine passion for the world of communications, are driven by results and are hugely successful. We think creatively in order to differentiate ourselves, develop new approaches and deliver an outstanding level of service to all. Our success is driven by the commitment, work ethic and exceptional communication and creative skills of our team.
As an equal opportunities employer, we actively encourage applications from candidates belonging to groups that are unfairly represented in the PR industry. Please let us know if you require us to make any reasonable adjustments to support your application and/or recruitment process.
What we offer