The key to happiness and success at work is enjoying coming to work for an exciting company that offers incredible opportunities to passionate and ambitious people.
Our culture and people are what make The PHA Group a great place to work. We are a collaborative and innovative team where everyone is unique and valued for their individuality. If you are looking for a work environment where you’ll never stop learning and no two days are ever the same, get in touch!
About the role
We are currently looking for an Account Director to join one of the UK’s leading Consumer & Lifestyle PR teams. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, hard-working, and personable individual who has a genuine passion for the media and an interest in the consumer sector. They will also require excellent written and verbal communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What you will be doing
- Ownership of relationships with your portfolio of clients and discussing issues outside of the day-to-day account management with Head of Department.
- Leading strategy development and execution for your clients, working closely with the broader client team to ensure delivery against KPIs
- Utilising your network to secure opportunities for your clients
- Strong writing, editing, and commissioning skills
- Start to develop a strong personal new business pipeline for the department – contributing to the overall department new business strategy
- Continual improvement of new business collateral
- Start to execute effective campaigns that bring in leads
- Source and attend networking opportunities to develop new business contacts
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing team and Head of Department to convert inbound new business opportunities
- Start to record commercial results month to month, maintaining awareness of stance in relation to targets and where improvement is needed
- Planning for client renewal well in advance of contract expiry
- Work with account teams to drive upsells and new areas of income
- Lead and motivate the team who support your contribution to the company
- Provision of support and feedback, aiming to develop individual career plans
- Oversight of delivery of work and client relations
- Upward management to ensure smooth running of accounts and flag any team issues immediately to Head of Department
- Make recommendations to Head of Department for any investment required and consider internal collaborations
Wider company responsibilities
- Represent PHA at external events, including speaking initiatives
- Find broader roles across the company where you can share knowledge
We look forward to hearing from people who are excited about the prospect of joining one of the UK’s fastest growing agencies. We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate energy and enthusiasm for any challenge they encounter, who are keen to be involved in a wide range of accounts, and who are looking to develop their career in an award-winning, innovative PR agency. You should also have:
- Considerable consumer PR experience across a variety of sectors, or healthcare PR
- Experience of working with both big budget creative campaigns and small budgets
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, ideally agency-side
- A team player attitude
What we offer
Hours will be 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am to 4pm on Friday.