Written by Harriet Masters • Published 01st January 2017
The digital revolution has been a double-edged sword for the security world. It has increased our ability to protect ourselves against personal security threats. Yet, the rise of interconnected and smart devices, has also increased our susceptibility to cyber threats.
CES 2017 will showcase the top security-technology companies that will help us stay safe offline and online – so that we can continue to take advantage of the latest technological advancements.
Here are the top ten companies we think you won’t want to miss this year:
- Wearsafe Labs: Wearsafe provide peer-to-peer safety technology that enables users to easily call for help when in a bad situation. With the press of a wearable button, which is connected wirelessly to your phone, the device sends an audio stream to your contacts. This enables you to silently get help as soon as possible.
- So Simple Solutions: So Simple Solutions specialize in products that protect against credit card theft, carried out by criminals attempting to use RFIS technology to steal victims’ identity. As we continue to move into a world of contactless payments, our risk of being silently stolen from as we go about our day is increasing, So Simple Solutions’ Travel Guards provide the solution. At CES the company will also announce the launch of their anti-radiation screen protector, which reduces up to 70% of electromagnetic waves. If you’re concerned about the impact of your technology on your health, this is one for you.
- C-SLIDE: C-slide’s WebCam covers offer the preventative solution to the rising number of Webcam Hijacking and sextortion cases we are seeing in the media. Available for computers, laptops, tablets, smart TV’s and phones, and with users including the U.S. government, C-Slide are clearly one to watch out for this year.
- Beseye Cloud Security: Beseye’s WIFI cameras and Image Analysis Systems use intelligent recognition to help users keep an eye on what’s happening in their home or office. Their sophisticated system can distinguish between action in trigger zones, motion detection and human detection, giving you the most accurate notification of the potential threat, and ultimately setting your mind at ease.
- POMM: POMM provides privacy solutions, for users concerned about the susceptibility of their digital devices to hacking. Their compact offerings attach to users phones, and use biometric authentication and encryption to ensure the owner is the only one with access to the personal content of the device. Meaning your picture and video gallery, messages and documents are only seen by who you want them to be.
- Nut Technology: Nut’s micro size smart trackers help users resolve the age old problem of forgetting or misplacing their belongings. If you’re always leaving your bags on the train, or relying on friends to call your phone, binding Nut to your bag, and pairing the Nut App with your phone, could remove a lot of stress from your life.
- Vkansee: Vkansee develop under-glass, optical fingerprint sensors, for a range of devices, including mobile phones and laptops. Their scanners are so sensitive to spoofing they can even detect sweat pores. As online and over app payments increase, Vkansee’s fingerprint scanners offer a more secure alternative to traditional passwords.
- SYLink Technologie: SYLink enables users to easily monitor their home network, by automatically scanning, analyzing, detecting and alerting users to threats. In our increasingly connected world, ignoring cybersecurity is no longer an option – SYLink means you can enjoy taking advantage of the digital revolution without the fear of attacks.
- Nominet: Nominet is best known for building the .UK domain. Having had an incremental role in developing the UK’s internet infrastructure, they now provide products and services to help users protect their domain, alongside advice on how to stay safe online. Given that 82 percent of adults in the UK use the internet every day, Nominet’s offerings are relevant to businesses and consumers alike.
- SABRE: Though best known for their pepper sprays, SABRE also have a line of personal consumer alarms. Their wireless and standalone home alarms enable anyone to quickly and conveniently secure their home without the expensive installation or monitoring costs. They can even be taken on the road, so wherever you are, you can feel safe.
Enjoyed this post? Read more of our series on the latest and greatest from CES 2017