Written by Amy Steadman • Published 03rd February 2012
After making a batch for my boyfriend for a work cookery contest (yep!) I decided to make a second for the girls, who were in need of a well-deserved Friday treat.
I cannot profess to bearing many culinary skills (despite both of my parents attending catering college and being superb cooks). However, these Delia plum and cinnamon oat slices are my speciality.
450g fresh plums
1 tsp cinnamon
150g porridge oats
275g wholemeal flour
1 tsp salt
110g brown sugar
1. Pre-heat the over to 200°C
2. Slice plums – there is a quick technique for this – cut the plums in half, around and through their natural line, give them a twist to separate the halves and remove the stone, then cut them into thin slices.
3. Chuck plums into bowl add cinnamon and toss (like a salad)
4. Mix the flour, porridge oats and salt in a separate bowl
5. Melt the butter and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat, give it a stir until it’s completely melted.
6. Mix the melted butter and sugar with the oat mixture, start off with a spoon and then use your hands. You should end up with a giant flap-jacky dough.
7. Halve the dough and press one half into the base of a baking tin
8. Scatter the plums evenly over the surface
9. Use the remaining dough to make the ‘top’ layer of the slices, pressing the mixture down firmly, as with the base.
10. Stick it in the oven for about half an hour
11. Leave to cool for 10 mins
12. Enjoy with a cup of tea 🙂
Easy! Love a bit of Delia!