Sundays are a perfect excuse to stay in, so last weekend I put on my pinny and baked the team a few Monday treats!
As you already know, the team are big fans of Hummingbird Bakery so I decided to get the taste buds tingling with some homemade Hummingbird treats and picked out the Blondies recipe (also known as white chocolate brownies!)
Makes 12 portions:
150g white chocolate, roughly chopped
125g unsalted butter
125g caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
200g Plain flour
Pinch of salt
1 cup shelled pecans, chopped – optional (we have a few office nut allergies so I left these out)
1 baking tray (lined with greaseproof paper)
- Preheat oven to 180 C (325 F).
- In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, place chocolate and butter (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Leave until melted and smooth then remove from heat.
- Add sugar and stir until well incorporated.
- Add eggs and vanilla, stirring briskly so that you don’t allow the eggs to scramble. Don’t worry if the mixture looks as if it is starting to split.
- Add flour, salt and pecans and stir until well combined and the nuts are evenly dispersed.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and the centre is still soft.
- Let cool completely.
As a special treat, I also drizzled some melted white chocolate over the top of the cooled blondies.